Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Magazine Analysis


The magazine that I choose to analyze during class is J-14. When I did the Fry Graph, it estimated that my magazine is written for people between the ages of 16-17; ironically "J-14" is short for "Just 14". It goes to show that even if a magazine has a lot of pictures and colors, it can still publish articles that attract older audiences. The Fry Graph for estimating Reading Ages estimated the average reading average of my magazine between 16-17 years of age. It is kind of ironic that the magazine title is "J-14" and is targeted for young teens. The magazine had a ratio of 30 advertising pages to 80 magazine-related information. It goes to show that even if a magazine is full of pictures it is still relating to the subject that it is trying to get across. The student next to me had a magazine about volleyball which had a ratio 24 advertisements to 26 volleyball related items.

No comments:

Post a Comment